"I love my cats because I love my home, and little by little they become its visible soul." Jean Couteau

Saturday, March 30, 2013

a lesson in observing

We have lived in our house for about two years now. And just the other day, I realized that the knobs on one of our kitchen cabinets is different from all the other knobs on the other cabinets. I pointed it out to my husband, and he was just as surprised as I was. Clearly, we pay a lot of attention to cabinet door knobs.
I really only noticed because we recently bought a new cabinet that matches to be installed as a medicine cabinet in our master bathroom, and I had to go pick out the knob for that. So then I was thinking about door knobs, and then I noticed that the knobs on the cabinets in the kitchen aren't quite the same as those in our bathroom and thought what a good thing it was that I'd taken my sample from our bathroom vanity cabinets instead of the kitchen. And then I looked over and said, "Whoa, you are NOT the same as all the other knobs here!" So if I hadn't already had door knobs on my brain, I could have gone a lot longer, if not indefinitely, without noticing that one of these things is not like the others. Of course, now I can't not notice it, so it may have to get swapped :-p


Note: the color isn't very good in these photos, but trust me, all the knobs are a satin nickel color
Door knob for bathroom vanity cabinets
Door knob for kitchen cabinets
Door knob for odd kitchen cabinet

No comments:

Post a Comment