"I love my cats because I love my home, and little by little they become its visible soul." Jean Couteau

Friday, March 22, 2013

getting started

So, I'm starting a blog. I will mostly write about my house projects, but sometimes maybe some other stuff too. Like my cats.

I live in Maryland with my husband, Zach, and our two cats, Oliver and Dodger. We bought our townhouse a little over 2 years ago as a brand new construction, so we haven't had to do any serious renovations. But I like to have things how I like them, and I like to have little projects to entertain me, so I've been slowly doing a lot of little things. 

I've thought about doing a blog for quite awhile since I've gotten a lot of inspiration from other people's blogs, but I always thought, 'I don't do that much to actually maintain a blog.' Then, last weekend, we had some friends over who had never seen our house before. One of these friends is Cathy of Sparks Fly, and when she saw all the things I've done and heard some of the things I have planned, she said, "You should have a blog!" That got me thinking about it again, and I decided to have a go.

So here's my blog. I hope you get some inspiration from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment